According to a recent survey most people (87%) in Britain go all day without performing an act of kindness.
How sad is that?
So let’s do something about it!
Its St Valentine’s Day on February 14th. Take no notice of people who get grumpy about it! Be positive – embrace the idea and extend it.
How? By random acts of kindness and love.
We asked some people who visited church today for their suggestions to start us off .
Here are some we have received:
1. Give flowers to someone, or send an e card.
2. Smile at a passer by
3. Give a small gift to someone, and do it anonymously
4. Send a ‘Just to say thank you’ e mail or text
5. Visit, or phone, a friend or neighbour
6. Find an opportunity to pay a compliment
7. On Valentine’s day give a donation to make women and children safe (e.g. through Women’s Aid)
Maybe you can think of more ideas. We hope so.
And so here is the invitation:
Perform an act of kindness on St Valentine’s Day – and the day after, and the day after that…
(…. and do share this blog post to encourage spreading kindness!)