- Follow St Chrysostom's Church News and Views on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- 20 + C + M + B + 17 Bless your home!
- A saint without interest
- Bless this House: 20 + C + M + B + 12
- Christus Rex
- The Church Travellers Directory
- Pademelon, Frogmouth and Platypus: Praise be!
- Eighth Station - Jesus speaks to the weeping women
- Salve Regina: Holy Holy Queen!
- Deaf saints
- WW1: Teaching our children to be peacemakers
- Advent Angel Angels Angelus Anglican Annunciation Armenia Armenian Ash Wednesday Assumption baptism Benediction Bible Bishop Bishop of Manchester Book Reading Carols Catholic Christianity Christmas Church of England Confirmation Donkey Easter Easter Vigil Epiphany Exsultet Faith Food Haiku Holy Week home House blessing Human trafficking Hymn Hymns Joseph Ken Leech Labyrinth Lent LGBT Liturgy Lutheran Magi Manchester Mary Mary's Meals Mass Mirfield Muslim New Year Nuns Our Lady Pilgrimage Poetry posada Prayer Quiz Ramadan Rocamadour Rosary School SCP Shrine Slavery Stations of the Cross St Chrysostom's St Chrysostom's School Tenebrae Uganda Via Lucis Victoria Park Walsingham War memorial women
Category Archives: Faith
Entomology (noun): The Scientific Study of Insects – and faith. Since I was a little girl I have always loved being outside among growing things, helping in my grandparents’ garden or playing wildly imaginative games with my cousins in the … Continue reading
Today, 18th August, is the anniversary of the death in 2012 of Winnie Johnson. Winnie was known throughout England as the mother of Keith Bennett, the child victim of the moors murderers Ian Brady and Myra Hindley. Despite extensive searching … Continue reading
We were very sad to learn of the death of a much respected and much loved member of our congregation, Dr Noel Preston. Noel died peacefully at home on April 21st 2017, surrounded by the love and prayers of Valerie, … Continue reading
An appropriate place for a priest to visit and renew priestly commitment is undoubtedly Ars-sur-Formans, near Lyon, in eastern France. In 1818 John-Baptist Vianney (the Curé d’Ars, feast day 4th August) was sent to what was then a neglected and … Continue reading
Alleluia! Christ is Risen Easter isn’t just one day – it’s a season of 50 days Campaign for a real Eastertide! Christians make a lot of Lent – giving up things, fasting, praying, and other worthy things – some of … Continue reading