- Follow St Chrysostom's Church News and Views on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- "I encourage you to get lost."
- 20 + C + M + B + 17 Bless your home!
- Go Forth, Christian Soul: The Proficiscere
- Blessing homes 20 + C + M + B + 15
- 20 + C + M + B + 16 Blessing your home
- Bless this House: 20 + C + M + B + 12
- The Priesthood of Mary
- Stations of the Resurrection 6. Jesus confronts Peter
- One priest's choice of funeral hymns
- Pray Vespers at 5pm with us!
- Advent Angel Angels Angelus Anglican Annunciation Armenia Armenian Ash Wednesday Assumption baptism Benediction Bible Bishop of Manchester Book Reading Carols Catholic Christianity Christmas Church of England Confirmation Donkey Easter Easter Vigil Epiphany Exsultet Faith Food Haiku Holy Week home House blessing Human trafficking Hymn Hymns Joseph Ken Leech Labyrinth Lent LGBT Liturgy Lutheran Magi Manchester Mary Mary's Meals Mass May Mirfield Muslim New Year Nuns Our Lady Pilgrimage posada Prayer Quiz Ramadan Rocamadour Rosary School SCP Shrine Slavery Stations of the Cross St Chrysostom's St Chrysostom's School St John's School Tenebrae Uganda Via Lucis Victoria Park Walsingham War memorial women
Category Archives: Mary
Thank you – to those who ran, baked, quizzed… and did other things to raise money for Mary’s Meals in May this year. We worked together through our schools, through church and in the community to raise money. Mary’s Meals … Continue reading
2000 years ago a young peasant Jewish girl faced a dilemma. An angel appeared, told her she was thought highly of by God and would become the mother of the Saviour of the world if she said Yes. That for … Continue reading
Over forty people, of Christian, Muslim and other faith backgrounds gathered together in our local Birchfields Park on Sunday at 1pm to have a short fun run to draw attention to the wonderful work Mary’s Meals do for children in … Continue reading
“I know Mary lived two thousand years ago, but I have actually seen her” – As we begin May, Mary’s month here is a thought provoking blog entry the first of a short series for May this year. We are … Continue reading
Who are you this Holy Week? In today’s Gospel, the Gospel for the Monday in Holy Week,(John 12.1-11) we come into a homely scene. Jesus has dinner with friends – Lazarus and his sisters Martha and Mary, at Bethany. At … Continue reading
The angel of the Lord appears to Mary, and she says ‘Yes’ to God. (Feast of the Annunciation March 25th) The eternal Word of God, the Glory of God, becomes flesh in Mary’s womb. Mary receives Jesus Christ, the eternal … Continue reading