- Follow St Chrysostom's Church News and Views on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- 20 + C + M + B + 17 Bless your home!
- A saint without interest
- Bless this House: 20 + C + M + B + 12
- Christus Rex
- The Church Travellers Directory
- Pademelon, Frogmouth and Platypus: Praise be!
- Eighth Station - Jesus speaks to the weeping women
- Salve Regina: Holy Holy Queen!
- Deaf saints
- WW1: Teaching our children to be peacemakers
- Advent Angel Angels Angelus Anglican Annunciation Armenia Armenian Ash Wednesday Assumption baptism Benediction Bible Bishop Bishop of Manchester Book Reading Carols Catholic Christianity Christmas Church of England Confirmation Donkey Easter Easter Vigil Epiphany Exsultet Faith Food Haiku Holy Week home House blessing Human trafficking Hymn Hymns Joseph Ken Leech Labyrinth Lent LGBT Liturgy Lutheran Magi Manchester Mary Mary's Meals Mass Mirfield Muslim New Year Nuns Our Lady Pilgrimage Poetry posada Prayer Quiz Ramadan Rocamadour Rosary School SCP Shrine Slavery Stations of the Cross St Chrysostom's St Chrysostom's School Tenebrae Uganda Via Lucis Victoria Park Walsingham War memorial women
Category Archives: Muslim
We welcome a wonderfully wide variety of people to St Chrysostom’s. Hospitality is a centrepoint of our church life. Today it was a delight to welcome Persian friends to church today, for a special gathering. Dr Soroush Dabbagh, an Iranian … Continue reading
What an inspiring assembly at St John’s School about the Muslim holy month of Ramadan! Year 6 children, the majority of whom are Muslims, had prepared so well and delivered it with joyful aplomb. Not only was I impressed, I … Continue reading
This has been a week of deep emotion, tragedy, and concern in Manchester. It has also been a week when we have seen courageous bravery, working together, and praying together. It has been a week when people from all around … Continue reading
Over forty people, of Christian, Muslim and other faith backgrounds gathered together in our local Birchfields Park on Sunday at 1pm to have a short fun run to draw attention to the wonderful work Mary’s Meals do for children in … Continue reading
A young Muslim lady, a social inclusivity campaigner, spoke from the pulpit a while ago at an act of worship in one of the great churches of the United Kingdom. At the service, during the prayers, prayer was offered by … Continue reading
What a wonderful Carol Service! So lovely to see our community so well represented in its diversity, and to be joined by the story of Christ’s coming at Christmas. Here are some comments of people who came: For me something … Continue reading