- Follow St Chrysostom's Church News and Views on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- "I encourage you to get lost."
- 20 + C + M + B + 17 Bless your home!
- Go Forth, Christian Soul: The Proficiscere
- Blessing homes 20 + C + M + B + 15
- 20 + C + M + B + 16 Blessing your home
- Bless this House: 20 + C + M + B + 12
- The Priesthood of Mary
- Stations of the Resurrection 6. Jesus confronts Peter
- One priest's choice of funeral hymns
- Pray Vespers at 5pm with us!
- Advent Angel Angels Angelus Anglican Annunciation Armenia Armenian Ash Wednesday Assumption baptism Benediction Bible Bishop of Manchester Book Reading Carols Catholic Christianity Christmas Church of England Confirmation Donkey Easter Easter Vigil Epiphany Exsultet Faith Food Haiku Holy Week home House blessing Human trafficking Hymn Hymns Joseph Ken Leech Labyrinth Lent LGBT Liturgy Lutheran Magi Manchester Mary Mary's Meals Mass May Mirfield Muslim New Year Nuns Our Lady Pilgrimage posada Prayer Quiz Ramadan Rocamadour Rosary School SCP Shrine Slavery Stations of the Cross St Chrysostom's St Chrysostom's School St John's School Tenebrae Uganda Via Lucis Victoria Park Walsingham War memorial women
Category Archives: Pilgrimage
Each year for the last ten years people from St Chrysostom’s have joined friends from St Peter’s, Oughtrington, for a day pilgrimage to the lovely shrine at Ladyewell near Preston. The pilgrimages are always joyful and special. This year, for … Continue reading
Each year you give us this joyful season – says one of the prayers at Mass in Lent. Really, joyful? Well, for many people Lent seems to be about giving up chocolate, gin or bacon sandwiches. Many Christians try a … Continue reading
Our Posada figures of Mary, Joseph and the donkey (Cocoa) have had a wonderful journey around our local area this year. It is a special part of our Advent and Christmas outreach at St C’s and we love it! Each … Continue reading
Each year St Chrysostom’s Church small nativity figures of Mary, Joseph and their donkey (Cocoa) do a very special job for our Church. They inspire us and help us in outreach in our church and community. The figures go to … Continue reading
In our Second Cup series of occasional talks after Sunday Mass Dimitri Brady, Warden of Methodist International House, and an Orthodox christian spoke about an icon we have in Church. Here is a summary: Pilgrims to 19th century Constantinople (Istanbul) often … Continue reading
We asked our pilgrims to Walsingham if they could tell us a special moment for them from this year’s pilgrimage. Here are some of the answers: Edna: The Candlelight porcession on Wednesday evening in the grounds. Vinnie: A … Continue reading