- Follow St Chrysostom's Church News and Views on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- 20 + C + M + B + 17 Bless your home!
- A saint without interest
- Bless this House: 20 + C + M + B + 12
- Christus Rex
- The Church Travellers Directory
- Pademelon, Frogmouth and Platypus: Praise be!
- Eighth Station - Jesus speaks to the weeping women
- Salve Regina: Holy Holy Queen!
- Deaf saints
- WW1: Teaching our children to be peacemakers
- Advent Angel Angels Angelus Anglican Annunciation Armenia Armenian Ash Wednesday Assumption baptism Benediction Bible Bishop Bishop of Manchester Book Reading Carols Catholic Christianity Christmas Church of England Confirmation Donkey Easter Easter Vigil Epiphany Exsultet Faith Food Haiku Holy Week home House blessing Human trafficking Hymn Hymns Joseph Ken Leech Labyrinth Lent LGBT Liturgy Lutheran Magi Manchester Mary Mary's Meals Mass Mirfield Muslim New Year Nuns Our Lady Pilgrimage Poetry posada Prayer Quiz Ramadan Rocamadour Rosary School SCP Shrine Slavery Stations of the Cross St Chrysostom's St Chrysostom's School Tenebrae Uganda Via Lucis Victoria Park Walsingham War memorial women
Category Archives: Spirituality
Inside – an exhibition at the Royal Festival Hall, gathers art from prisoners’ entries for the Koestler Awards for works of art by people in the UK’s criminal justice system. For this year’s awards participants were asked to respond to … Continue reading
Each year pilgrims from St C’s go on pilgrimage to Walsingham Fr Chris tells us why he goes. Walsingham, in North Norfolk, has been a place of pilgrimage for many hundreds of years. Why pilgrimage and why Walsingham? Walsingham is … Continue reading
This evening is predominantly a social event, there is a lot of cheese to get through and some wine … a few people have kindly agreed to read and sing and there is even a short part of a film, all … Continue reading
Sr Jean CHN tells us how she first experienced her call to be a nun: I was only in my early teens when the thought first came to me that I was called to be a nun and I dismissed … Continue reading
Alleluia! Christ is Risen Easter isn’t just one day – it’s a season of 50 days Campaign for a real Eastertide! Christians make a lot of Lent – giving up things, fasting, praying, and other worthy things – some of … Continue reading
Encouraging, reassuring, experiencing God’s presence ….. A group of our young adults from St. Chrysostom’s travelled to Holywell, Wales for a retreat in Lent. We stayed at St. Winefride’s Guest House run by the Bridgettine Sisters. Their hospitality and kindness … Continue reading