- Follow St Chrysostom's Church News and Views on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- 20 + C + M + B + 17 Bless your home!
- A saint without interest
- Bless this House: 20 + C + M + B + 12
- Christus Rex
- Deaf saints
- Eighth Station - Jesus speaks to the weeping women
- Pademelon, Frogmouth and Platypus: Praise be!
- Salve Regina: Holy Holy Queen!
- WW1: Teaching our children to be peacemakers
- About St Chrysostom's Church
- Advent Angel Angels Angelus Anglican Annunciation Armenia Armenian Ash Wednesday Assumption baptism Benediction Bible Bishop Bishop of Manchester Book Reading Carols Catholic Christianity Christmas Church of England Confirmation Donkey Easter Easter Vigil Epiphany Exsultet Faith Food Haiku Holy Week home House blessing Human trafficking Hymn Hymns Joseph Ken Leech Labyrinth Lent LGBT Liturgy Lutheran Magi Manchester Mary Mary's Meals Mass Mirfield Muslim New Year Nuns Our Lady Pilgrimage Poetry posada Prayer Quiz Ramadan Rocamadour Rosary School SCP Shrine Slavery Stations of the Cross St Chrysostom's St Chrysostom's School Tenebrae Uganda Via Lucis Victoria Park Walsingham War memorial women
Tag Archives: Armenia
Anglicans and Armenians worshipped together at 6pm at St Chrysostom’s on Saturday in a joint Vespers service. The evening celebrated the life and writings of the great 10th century Armenian saint St Gregory of Narek, and Fr Garegin gave a … Continue reading
Shortly after 5.15pm on Maundy Thursday – at Holy Trinity Armenian Church, a few hundred yards from St Chrysostom’s … The curtain before the altar – the veil of separation – drew back and Fr Garegin began the Service of … Continue reading
Belligerently beautiful, Queen of all fat women, Defender of the unloved. Penelope Dent’s poem My Fat Virgin, describes and praises the Virgin Mary as a large, jolly, motherly figure, eating pork pies. Ildelphonsus of Toledo gives a more traditional reflection of the … Continue reading
Our remembrance and prayers were echoed across the world by millions. In Armenia, the President and the Armenian Catholicos, Karekin II, came together in Yerevan to lay flowers at the memorial there. Penny