- Follow St Chrysostom's Church News and Views on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Clinging to Easter hope in tragic days
- 20 + C + M + B + 17 Bless your home!
- Blessing homes 20 + C + M + B + 15
- Bless this House: 20 + C + M + B + 12
- 20 + C + M + B + 16 Blessing your home
- Go Forth, Christian Soul: The Proficiscere
- Mother of Sheshan
- 2017 Veni Creator Spiritus: God Knows!
- Passion and Annunciation - the Lily Crucifix
- 20 + C + M + B + 14 Blessing of Homes
- Advent Angel Angels Angelus Anglican Annunciation Armenia Armenian Ash Wednesday Assumption baptism Benediction Bible Bishop of Manchester blessing Book Reading Carols Catholic Christianity Christmas Church of England Confirmation Donkey Easter Easter Vigil Epiphany Exsultet Faith Food Haiku Holy Week home House blessing Human trafficking Hymn Hymns Joseph Ken Leech Labyrinth Lent LGBT Liturgy Lutheran Magi Manchester Mary Mary's Meals Mass May Mirfield Muslim New Year Nuns Our Lady Pilgrimage posada Prayer Quiz Rocamadour Rosary School SCP Shrine Slavery Stations of the Cross St Chrysostom's St Chrysostom's School St John's School Tenebrae Uganda Via Lucis Victoria Park Walsingham War memorial women
Tag Archives: Assumption
In this striking painting, by the French Symbolist artist Maurice Denis (1870-1943), the artist shows his daughter, ‘Nono’, crowning with flowers her mother, the artist’s wife, Marthe. In the painting, as in much of this artist’s work, the boundary between the sacred … Continue reading
St Chrysostom’s delights in and celebrates its Catholic Anglican tradition. In our tradition we love to celebrate the saints, our friends in faith, and above all Mary, Our Lady, the mother of Jesus Christ our God, the mother who prays … Continue reading