- Follow St Chrysostom's Church News and Views on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- 20 + C + M + B + 17 Bless your home!
- A saint without interest
- Bless this House: 20 + C + M + B + 12
- Christus Rex
- Deaf saints
- Eighth Station - Jesus speaks to the weeping women
- Pademelon, Frogmouth and Platypus: Praise be!
- Salve Regina: Holy Holy Queen!
- WW1: Teaching our children to be peacemakers
- About St Chrysostom's Church
- Advent Angel Angels Angelus Anglican Annunciation Armenia Armenian Ash Wednesday Assumption baptism Benediction Bible Bishop Bishop of Manchester Book Reading Carols Catholic Christianity Christmas Church of England Confirmation Donkey Easter Easter Vigil Epiphany Exsultet Faith Food Haiku Holy Week home House blessing Human trafficking Hymn Hymns Joseph Ken Leech Labyrinth Lent LGBT Liturgy Lutheran Magi Manchester Mary Mary's Meals Mass Mirfield Muslim New Year Nuns Our Lady Pilgrimage Poetry posada Prayer Quiz Ramadan Rocamadour Rosary School SCP Shrine Slavery Stations of the Cross St Chrysostom's St Chrysostom's School Tenebrae Uganda Via Lucis Victoria Park Walsingham War memorial women
Tag Archives: Christmas
In his Christmas morning sermon Fr Ian read from a letter of a First World War soldier from Stockport, written shortly after Christmas Day 1914, and later published in the Stockport Advertiser: On Christmas Day when dawn broke it was … Continue reading
Fr Ian reflects on Christmas Carols and our faith stories: Sergeant Frank Naden of the 6th Cheshire Territorials described how he kept Christmas Eve 1914 in the trenches of northern France. “On Christmas Eve fireballs went up from the German lines and … Continue reading
Recovering at home from a recent operation Sandra reflects on home rituals of Advent, and a Posada visit: Several angels have been ministering in this house recently, bringing me cups of tea, hoovering , making me dinner and doing those … Continue reading