- Follow St Chrysostom's Church News and Views on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- 20 + C + M + B + 17 Bless your home!
- A saint without interest
- Bless this House: 20 + C + M + B + 12
- Christus Rex
- Deaf saints
- Eighth Station - Jesus speaks to the weeping women
- Pademelon, Frogmouth and Platypus: Praise be!
- Salve Regina: Holy Holy Queen!
- WW1: Teaching our children to be peacemakers
- About St Chrysostom's Church
- Advent Angel Angels Angelus Anglican Annunciation Armenia Armenian Ash Wednesday Assumption baptism Benediction Bible Bishop Bishop of Manchester Book Reading Carols Catholic Christianity Christmas Church of England Confirmation Donkey Easter Easter Vigil Epiphany Exsultet Faith Food Haiku Holy Week home House blessing Human trafficking Hymn Hymns Joseph Ken Leech Labyrinth Lent LGBT Liturgy Lutheran Magi Manchester Mary Mary's Meals Mass Mirfield Muslim New Year Nuns Our Lady Pilgrimage Poetry posada Prayer Quiz Ramadan Rocamadour Rosary School SCP Shrine Slavery Stations of the Cross St Chrysostom's St Chrysostom's School Tenebrae Uganda Via Lucis Victoria Park Walsingham War memorial women
Tag Archives: Hymn
Lent is often a time of paradox. On Ash Wednesday we hear the words of Jesus Christ calling us not to be like hypocrites who “disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting” then we mark our foreheads with … Continue reading
Continuing our occasional series on hymns and and hymn tunes Dr Noel Preston suggests a tune for ‘O Jesus I have Promised.’ This wonderful hymn of commitment and dedication was written by The Revd John Ernest Bode (1816-74) for the … Continue reading
Dr Noel Preston continues his series of hymns for the current church season. (See an earlier entry here). Here Noel chooses a hymn for Eastertide, and offers his own choice of tune for the hymn. One of Charles Wesley’s finest … Continue reading