- Follow St Chrysostom's Church News and Views on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- 20 + C + M + B + 17 Bless your home!
- A saint without interest
- Bless this House: 20 + C + M + B + 12
- Christus Rex
- Deaf saints
- Eighth Station - Jesus speaks to the weeping women
- Pademelon, Frogmouth and Platypus: Praise be!
- Salve Regina: Holy Holy Queen!
- WW1: Teaching our children to be peacemakers
- About St Chrysostom's Church
- Advent Angel Angels Angelus Anglican Annunciation Armenia Armenian Ash Wednesday Assumption baptism Benediction Bible Bishop Bishop of Manchester Book Reading Carols Catholic Christianity Christmas Church of England Confirmation Donkey Easter Easter Vigil Epiphany Exsultet Faith Food Haiku Holy Week home House blessing Human trafficking Hymn Hymns Joseph Ken Leech Labyrinth Lent LGBT Liturgy Lutheran Magi Manchester Mary Mary's Meals Mass Mirfield Muslim New Year Nuns Our Lady Pilgrimage Poetry posada Prayer Quiz Ramadan Rocamadour Rosary School SCP Shrine Slavery Stations of the Cross St Chrysostom's St Chrysostom's School Tenebrae Uganda Via Lucis Victoria Park Walsingham War memorial women
Tag Archives: Pilgrimage
Fr Ian reflects while on pilgrimage at the Shrine of Our Lady, Roacamadour Landscape, layers of legend, the insight of religious people, devotion, all combine at Rocamadour in central France, to make a captivating sacred place between earth and sky, … Continue reading
Walsingham pilgrimages often give us different and unusual scenes and memories.Here is a selection from this year: Some of this year’s pilgrim on our lovely visit to South Creake. The sun shone, Fr Clive welcomed us and we had a … Continue reading
This year as we journeyed home from Walsingham we gathered the pilgrims’ impressions of the pilgrimage. We simply asked each pilgrim for words which would describe their thoughts or feelings about Walsingham, or words which would call to mind this … Continue reading
Walsingham 2012 was a peaceful, contemplative, and joyful time together. St Chrysostom’s Parish joined with St Peter’s, Oughtrington to visit the Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham in Norfolk where much fun was had amidst time for prayer and reflection. … Continue reading
St Chrysostom’s gave Penny a leaving gift to pay for her pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa, Poland. “After a 3 hour bus journey from Kracow to Czestochowa, the home of the Black Madonna and following nuns, … Continue reading
Every year on our pilgrimage we visit different churches in the countryside around Walsingham. Today, after concentrated map reading arguing with satnav, and following diversions we arrived at the wonderful medieval church of Salle. Salle is a magnificent church in … Continue reading
Having made the journey from St Chrysostom’s with our friends from St Peter’s, Oughtrington we arrived yesterday evening at the Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham, where thousands of pilgrim come each year to pray and rest, in this special … Continue reading