- Follow St Chrysostom's Church News and Views on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- 20 + C + M + B + 17 Bless your home!
- A saint without interest
- Bless this House: 20 + C + M + B + 12
- Christus Rex
- Deaf saints
- Eighth Station - Jesus speaks to the weeping women
- Pademelon, Frogmouth and Platypus: Praise be!
- Salve Regina: Holy Holy Queen!
- WW1: Teaching our children to be peacemakers
- About St Chrysostom's Church
- Advent Angel Angels Angelus Anglican Annunciation Armenia Armenian Ash Wednesday Assumption baptism Benediction Bible Bishop Bishop of Manchester Book Reading Carols Catholic Christianity Christmas Church of England Confirmation Donkey Easter Easter Vigil Epiphany Exsultet Faith Food Haiku Holy Week home House blessing Human trafficking Hymn Hymns Joseph Ken Leech Labyrinth Lent LGBT Liturgy Lutheran Magi Manchester Mary Mary's Meals Mass Mirfield Muslim New Year Nuns Our Lady Pilgrimage Poetry posada Prayer Quiz Ramadan Rocamadour Rosary School SCP Shrine Slavery Stations of the Cross St Chrysostom's St Chrysostom's School Tenebrae Uganda Via Lucis Victoria Park Walsingham War memorial women
Tag Archives: Shrine
An extraordinary devotion to an ancient Christian woman martyr has broken out in a remote English valley – Rossendale in Lancashire. Local residents in the north end of the valley have named an area, and roads, after the saint whom … Continue reading
Over 600 years ago a Yorkshireman called John built a tiny chapel in a rock face outside Knaresborough. John’s son, it is believed, was saved from a falling rock and he attributed this to Our Lady’s prayers and to say … Continue reading
“He now returned to the place …in which he could get away from the ubiquitous harassment of the crowd.” (From the Medieval Life of St Robert of Knaresborough) In the twelfth century Robert built a cave and a chapel in … Continue reading