- Follow St Chrysostom's Church News and Views on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- 20 + C + M + B + 17 Bless your home!
- A saint without interest
- Bless this House: 20 + C + M + B + 12
- Christus Rex
- The Church Travellers Directory
- Pademelon, Frogmouth and Platypus: Praise be!
- Eighth Station - Jesus speaks to the weeping women
- Salve Regina: Holy Holy Queen!
- Deaf saints
- WW1: Teaching our children to be peacemakers
- Advent Angel Angels Angelus Anglican Annunciation Armenia Armenian Ash Wednesday Assumption baptism Benediction Bible Bishop Bishop of Manchester Book Reading Carols Catholic Christianity Christmas Church of England Confirmation Donkey Easter Easter Vigil Epiphany Exsultet Faith Food Haiku Holy Week home House blessing Human trafficking Hymn Hymns Joseph Ken Leech Labyrinth Lent LGBT Liturgy Lutheran Magi Manchester Mary Mary's Meals Mass Mirfield Muslim New Year Nuns Our Lady Pilgrimage Poetry posada Prayer Quiz Ramadan Rocamadour Rosary School SCP Shrine Slavery Stations of the Cross St Chrysostom's St Chrysostom's School Tenebrae Uganda Via Lucis Victoria Park Walsingham War memorial women
Tag Archives: Tenebrae
Kate, Parish Assistant, offers a personal reflection on Holy Week and Easter at St C’s I have never experienced Tenebrae before, but I suspected that it would be a service I would find moving; I was not prepared for its … Continue reading
The Holy Week worship of the Church, coming from the earliest days of Christianity, helps us enter into the depths of faith and life. By symbol, word and sacrament we enter with Christ the way of the cross, and look … Continue reading
Fr Ian looks back at the liturgies of Holy Week and the Great Three Days this year The worship of Holy Week and Easter enters deeply into the imagination, mind and soul. It is a time to let this happen, … Continue reading