- Follow St Chrysostom's Church News and Views on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- 20 + C + M + B + 17 Bless your home!
- A saint without interest
- Bless this House: 20 + C + M + B + 12
- Christus Rex
- The Church Travellers Directory
- Pademelon, Frogmouth and Platypus: Praise be!
- Eighth Station - Jesus speaks to the weeping women
- Salve Regina: Holy Holy Queen!
- Deaf saints
- WW1: Teaching our children to be peacemakers
- Advent Angel Angels Angelus Anglican Annunciation Armenia Armenian Ash Wednesday Assumption baptism Benediction Bible Bishop Bishop of Manchester Book Reading Carols Catholic Christianity Christmas Church of England Confirmation Donkey Easter Easter Vigil Epiphany Exsultet Faith Food Haiku Holy Week home House blessing Human trafficking Hymn Hymns Joseph Ken Leech Labyrinth Lent LGBT Liturgy Lutheran Magi Manchester Mary Mary's Meals Mass Mirfield Muslim New Year Nuns Our Lady Pilgrimage Poetry posada Prayer Quiz Ramadan Rocamadour Rosary School SCP Shrine Slavery Stations of the Cross St Chrysostom's St Chrysostom's School Tenebrae Uganda Via Lucis Victoria Park Walsingham War memorial women
Tag Archives: posada
Posada is a great feature of Advent for us at St Chrysostom’s. We do it in our own distinctive way. The small knitted figures of Mary, Joseph and the donkey travel around our local community as they journey towards Christmas … Continue reading
Do think carefully about how you will keep Advent this year. As Lent prepares us to celebrate Easter so Advent prepares us for Christmas. Don’t let Christmas overwhelm you! Take time to be still in Advent. We are helped by … Continue reading
On Thursday morning we set out on foot to the Medaille Trust hostel – we being Fr. Ian, (carrying the basket containing our Posada figures of Mary and Joseph, a candle, a box of biscuits and some invitations to our … Continue reading
Recovering at home from a recent operation Sandra reflects on home rituals of Advent, and a Posada visit: Several angels have been ministering in this house recently, bringing me cups of tea, hoovering , making me dinner and doing those … Continue reading
We are asking for your help, please! On Sunday, 30th November, Mary and Joseph and the donkey begin their annual special journey (Posada) around our parish and area. They are from our children’s nativity set and they arrive in Church … Continue reading